Monday, December 17, 2007

Denton Community Church

In my last update I said I'll be working with Lifeline Church. Well, after some good advice from my teachers and talking to several people I have decided to work with Denton Community Church mostly because I need to branch out from College ministry. I love Lifeline, but right now it consists mostly of college students and I'd like some more ministry experience among adults, families, and youth.
The great part about all this is that by the time I get to Kenya full-time there is a high possibility that Dennis Omondi will be pastoring a church and need me to do a lot of work within that church. God is good and He has a definite purpose for me working with Denton Community Church. I am going to find out all the things that Dennis would like me to have more experience in and then attempt to get as much experience in those areas at Denton Community Church.

I'm very excited about this next year.

Thank you for praying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, I think I am confused? Is DCC affiliated with DBC? Are you still going through DBC?

Ben Warren said...

Oh yeah. Definitely. In my "Life Update #2" I mentioned that I will be getting involved with a smaller local church in order to get more training in the area of church ministry. This will better prepare me for ministry in Kenya when I go through DBC / Serve.

How are you doing?l